A beautiful face and acne free is the dream of almost everyone. A beautiful face is one of the factors that can make a person feel confident. Unfortunately, not everyone can get a beautiful face from birth.
It takes intense care to get a beautiful face. In facial care, you can choose either by traditional means or by using chemicals. One of the traditional ways to treat beauty and facial health is to use lemon.
Lemon is a kind of orange that has a light yellow color. Usually, this fruit used as a flavoring, refreshment, and thirst-releasing drinks. But who knows that lemon was also beneficial for facial treatments.
The efficacy of lemon for facial treatment has known for a long time. So no wonder, some beauty product many use lemons as the primary ingredients. It said that this fruit used as an antibacterial and antiseptic that is useful for facial health.
Before peeling about the benefits of lemon for the health and beauty of the face, it’s good if we know the nutritional content contained in lemon first. Here we present the nutritional content contained in this fruit.
Benefits Lemon on Face for Acne Problems
Are you curious about the benefits of lemon for the face? Quiet! Here we present the advantages of this yellow fruits on the face for acne treatment.
1. Helps remove acne scars
Lemon is commonly used to remove acne scars as well.
This fruit is used to disguise dark stains and make skin tones look more evenly while making the skin soft and supple.
Lemon contains citric acid which can destroy the bacteria that cause acne when applied to the skin.
AHAs is known for its exfoliating properties. That is, AHAs including citric acid effectively exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells.
Exfoliation can encourage the growth of new skin cells and thereby display new skin that looks younger. Exfoliation of dead skin cells can also prevent acne while reducing the appearance of acne scars.
How to use it
- Use moderate amounts of lemon because excessive use will make the skin dry and irritated.
- To remove acne scars, you can apply lemon juice directly on the skin or mix it with other ingredients.
- Before applying it, make sure to clean face first with warm water.
- Next, squeeze the lemon to get the juice of about one tablespoon. Using cotton, apply water to the face and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes so the skin can absorb it.
- After that, rinse face with clean water. You can also let lemon juice on your face overnight and wash the next day.
Lemon juice is known to produce a burning or stinging sensation to the skin when applied. This feeling will subside within a few minutes. But if the skin is too sensitive, you can dilute it with water. Need to be careful because dry skin will be drier when smeared with lemon. To prevent excessive dryness, you should use a moisturizer after applying lemon to the skin.
Alternatively, mix lemon with honey for those of you who have dry skin.
People with oily skin can mix lemon with cucumber juice to improve the effectiveness of treatment. In addition to outside use, drinking lemon juice can also help reduce acne scars from the inside.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C and minerals that help cleanse the liver, in addition to preventing the onset of new acne.
Related article: 15 Natural Ways to Cure Pimples and Get Rid Acne Face
2. Help control the oil on the skin
Excess oil production is very disturbing the beauty of a person’s face. Excess oil can cause new problems such as dull or acne. Excess oil can also make a face become like an oil refinery so it can worsen the appearance when in the photo. For those of you who have problems with so much oil production on the skin, do not worry! Lemon will help you to help control oil production on your facial skin. Curious? Here’s how.
- Before doing this treatment, first of all, what you need to do is wash your face first with warm water.
- Then prepare one piece of fresh lemon then cut into two parts
- Use one part of the lemon to rub your face evenly.
- Leave lemon rubbing for 15-20 minutes until dry lemon juice on the face.
- After that, wash your face with cold water.
- Until the oil on your face becomes more controlled use it regularly.
3. Helps remove blackheads
Who does not know blackheads? You could say, blackheads are dirt or makeup that clogs the pores that make a face becomes rough. Who would have thought that lemon fruit can also provide other benefits to help remove blackheads on the face? To take benefits of lemon to remove blackheads, you can use the following way.
- Get ready for a fresh lemon, cut into two pieces and squeeze the water into a bowl
- Apply lemon juice on the face by using cotton or cotton bud
- Allow lemon juice on the face up to 15 minutes
After that, rinse lemon juice on the face with clean water and dry with a soft towel
Do it regularly to remove blackheads from your face
4. Help reduce acne on the face
Acne is the main enemy for some women. Acne not only interferes with the appearance of facial beauty but also sometimes the pain also interfere with comfort. Acne is also a problem that is often experienced by many teenagers due to increased hormones and lack of good facial treatments resulting in a buildup of dirt that clogs pores.
Do you know? High vitamin C content in lemon fruits can help to reduce facial matters. To get the benefits of lemon fruits in contributing to reducing acne, you can use lemon in the following way.
- Prepare one fresh ripe lemon fruit then cut into two parts.
- Squeeze the lemon until it comes out of the water.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice with a little water until it looks watery.
- Dip the cotton bud into lemon juice and paste on the face that has acne.
- Leave the lemon juice on the face for 15-20 minutes.
- After that, rinse with cold, clean water and dry.
- Do it regularly and consistent at least 2-3 times a week to get the maximum results.
5. Helps shrink the pores on the face
Large pores on the face sometimes become a problem for some women. These large pores will be very easy to accommodate dirt contained in the face that can cause blackheads. Of course, this will significantly affect a person’s appearance. For those of you who have problems with large pores, we have a solution using lemons. Here’s how.
- Prepare a fresh lemon, cut into two pieces and squeeze the water.
- Add lemon juice with a little water and stir until evenly distributed.
- Apply a mixture of lemon water on all parts of the face using cotton and let stand for 15 minutes.
- When done, rinse with clean water then dry with a soft towel.
- Use it daily to get maximum results.
6. Helps moisturize the face
Another benefit that can obtain from lemons is to help moisturize the face. The content of vitamins in the lemon fruit can be a natural moisturizing skin that nourishes the skin. To get these benefits from lemon fruits, we needed other materials that can use for the face mask. For more details, keep reading and let us refer to the following steps.
- Prepare a fresh lemon, cut into two pieces and wring it out.
- Get ready for a half cucumber and mash or grated until smooth.
- Also half of the avocado and blender until the texture is becoming cream.
- Mix the three ingredients into a clean container and mix well.
- Apply to face evenly and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water
- To get optimal results, do it regularly three times a week. But if you do not use another moisturizer, you can use this traditional way every day to keep the face moist.
7. Helps overcome wrinkles on the face
Wrinkles on the face, of course, interfere with the appearance of facial beauty. For those of you who do not want to look older due to the appearance of wrinkles on the face, you can use a lemon mask with the following steps.
- Prepare some lemon juice, one teaspoon honey and one drop of almond oil.
- Combine all ingredients, stir evenly and use as a face mask
Let stand for 20 minutes then rinse with clean water.
- If your skin is sensitive to citric acid of lemons, you can add a few drops of water to the mask mixture and use a bud or cotton bud to apply a combination of the lemon mask on the face.
8. Help remove dark spots
To help reduce dark spots on the face by using lemons, you can apply lemon juice in the black spot area before going to bed then rinse it with clean water in the morning. Citric acid content in lemon fruits is believed to help overcome dark spots on the face if this method is done routinely for one to two weeks.
9. Helps remove dead skin cells
Every day, our skin produces millions of dead skin cells. If not perfectly lifted, dead skin cells can cause dullness of the face. To help lift dead skin cells, you can use lemon juice mask with a little sugar to apply on the face evenly. Do this routine at least once a week.
10. Can be used as a facial foam
Facial foam is one of the beauty products that everyone needs to clean the face. However, did you know that it turns out facial foam sold in the market today contains chemicals that could be dangerous for your skin? Especially for those who have sensitive skin, the natural facial foam is the most recommended.
One fruit that can use as a natural facial foam is the lemon. This yellow fruit is reasonable, considering that this fruit does contain lots of vitamin C that can remove impurities and dead skin cells on the face.